The Division of Well being has began issuing out the nation’s Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate to totally vaccinated adults.
This is after the South African Covid-19 Vaccine Certificate System portal was formally launched by the well being minister, Dr Joe Phaahla, on Friday, 9 October 2021.
The system will permit customers to create a QR code exhibiting their Covid-19 inoculation standing and will likely be out there to adults who are totally vaccinated.
President Cyril Ramaphosa introduced in September the rollout of the vaccine certificate as proof that residents have been vaccinated in opposition to Covid-19.
The digital go system can be utilized to present vaccination standing to facilitate journey, entry to institutions, gatherings and other varieties of exercise.
The president defined that the authorities’s method was knowledgeable by the World Well being Organisation pointers and that it was according to worldwide finest apply and stated he believes that it may go a good distance in direction of getting a quantity of worldwide journey restrictions each from and into our nation eased.
Phaahla advised journalists final week that the certificate could possibly be used for journey and tourism, sport and recreation occasions, music festivals, retailers that are offering reductions and prizes for individuals who are vaccinated.
As well as, the Minister stated there is nonetheless going to be extra enhancements in the subsequent two months with regards to the security and safety of the certificate.
The division has since answered some of the residents’ often requested questions.
1. Why does my Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate have an expiry date?(*9*)
The Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate out there from 8 October 2021 doesn’t embody an expiry date. Solely those who had been issued throughout the testing section have an expiry date.
2. Why are there new variations of the Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate?(*9*)
Extra options corresponding to a scannable QR code and digital (cryptographic) signatures will likely be regularly phased in. The Division of Well being will advise on the availability of newer variations of the Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate as they turn into out there.
3. When will the new variations of the Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate turn into out there?(*9*)
The subsequent model of the digital Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate will likely be prepared in direction of the end of October 2021. The Covid-19 Vaccine Passport linked to a cellular utility will likely be prepared in direction of the end of November 2021.
4. The Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate web site asks for an ID or passport quantity. Are overseas passports, asylum-seeking and refugee numbers accepted?(*9*)
Sure, if it is the similar quantity from the ID doc you used while you registered on the Digital Vaccination Knowledge System (EVDS) portal and at the vaccination website.
5. What ought to I do if I misplaced the EVDS vaccination code that was despatched through SMS?(*9*)
You’ll be able to cellphone the Covid-19 Public Hotline at 0800 029 999. The agent will likely be ready to offer you the vaccination code or resend you the SMS with the required code.
6. I didn’t obtain my Covid-19 vaccination code through SMS. Why did this occur?(*9*)
There are three potential causes:
- The SMS didn’t attain you due to cellular community points at the time.
- Your cellular quantity is not right on EVDS.
- Your vaccination file was not captured on the EVDS at the time of vaccination. Nonetheless, you possibly can confirm this by calling the Covid-19 Public Hotline at 0800 029 999. If the agent can not affirm your vaccination file on the EVDS, you must contact the website the place you had been vaccinated to seize your file on the system.
7. Can I take advantage of the Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate for worldwide journey?(*9*)
Most international locations ought to settle for digital certificates. Nonetheless, it relies on the coverage of the nation you are visiting and verification necessities. It is best to current this certificate alongside together with your passport. Your RSA ID quantity is printed in your South African passport to permit for verification of the ID quantity.
8. My private particulars are not right on the Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate(*9*)
It is your accountability or the individual registering you in your behalf to be sure that your info is captured accurately when registering for vaccination. This info ought to be verified and may additional be corrected at the vaccination website earlier than the vaccine is administered.
You’ll be able to name the Covid-19 public hotline at 0800 029 999 the place an agent will likely be ready to right your particulars or ship an e mail with the particulars to be modified to [email protected]. One of the brokers will contact you.
9. The QR code on the Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate doesn’t work(*9*)
The content material of the QR code on the present model of the Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate is not human readable. Journey authorities and third events to confirm the validity and authenticity of the COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate can scan the QR code on the subsequent model of the certificate.
10. What is Jansen and Comirnaty?(*9*)
The title of the vaccine and never the producer is printed on the Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate. Johnson and Johnson is the producer of the Janssen vaccine, whereas Pfizer is the producer of the Comirnaty vaccine.