Dogon Properties has launched its new micro-apartments in Cape City, with the 24-storey constructing set to be the primary ‘biophilic’ improvement of its sort in South Africa.
‘The Fynbos’ will characteristic 689 flats, together with a rooftop sundown terrace with a lap pool and co-working house, a rooftop health centre, a botanical bar and a concierge service.
The surface of the constructing is planted with 30 species of bushes and 20 species of shrubs, whereas built-in PV photo voltaic panels utilise the utmost protection allowed by the constructing’s footprint and generate double the electrical energy quota wanted to energy the frequent areas. These vitality financial savings are handed again to the homeowners by way of diminished levies, Dogon Properties stated.
“The pioneering system at The Fynbos was fastidiously designed and implemented by a specialist team of technical botanists headed up by Donovan Gillman who has over 45 years growing plants in difficult locations across Africa. Together they had the right contacts, knowledge, experience and global awareness to bring the concept to life,” the group stated.
“100% indigenous to the Cape, each plant is considered for aesthetic and resilience. The look is green, leafy and geometric. The schematic for how the plants are placed across the structure follows the working in-situ example of Table Mountain with trees at the base and lower profile shrubs and cascading plants towards the top.”
Dogon stated exterior plantings have a cooling impact and supply shade and screening. Water effectivity is improved by way of low-flow fittings and a central heated water system permits for economies of scale and avoids particular person geysers, whereas a classy rainwater harvesting system is built-in into the balcony design.
The Fynbos, which is positioned on higher Bree avenue, will embody studio flats sized between 24m2 – 40m2 with costs beginning at R890,400.
Costs rise to R1.36 million for a one-bedroom condo and R4.92 million for two-bedroom flats.
Different key options of the flats embody:
- 689 flats over 24 flooring
- Luxurious studio, 1- and 2-bedroom flats from 24m2 – 85m2
- Strong hardwood flooring all through
- Rooftop sundown terrace with lap pool and co-working house
- Built-in SMEG kitchens
- Built-in planters present a backyard expertise for every unit
- Double glazed home windows all through, decreasing noise and vitality consumption
- Tastefully built-in PV panels that energy all frequent areas
- Floor ground plant-based restaurant, tea room and botanical bar
- Rooftop health centre
- Natural vegetable market by Justin Bonello
- Specialist herbalist
- On-site basement parking
- The superior location of higher Bree Avenue
- Biometric entry management and CCTV surveillance
- 24-hour concierge.